Thursday, September 15, 2011

Project #1 - Done!

Here is my first shop project, the "Utilitarian Upcycled Tote Bag".




I'm not an ace with a sewing machine, so this isn't perfectly rendered. On the plus side, this tote is made of 100% used, clean plastic bags (approximately 25 of them!) and is very sturdy. I haven't decided exactly what else I want to do with the handle. Maybe knit and i-cord and wrap it? Or maybe just crochet around it for a better look and comfortable feel in the hands. Still thinking on that one.

Since I'm still a little nervous about it, I'm going to have my more Etsy-experienced friends look it over and critique it bluntly before offering it for sale. In the mean time, I'll be thinking and tinkering on bag #2. ;)

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. oh- i didn't know about the potter part... I'm a potter- or least that is what I spent 4yrs in art school doing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm definitely a wish-I-were potter. I have a really nice pottery wheel, and I love the feeling of throwing pots, I'm just not that great at it yet. Someday, someday...

    ReplyDelete