Thursday, September 20, 2012

Felted Kindle/Nook Cozy

I've been toying with the idea of trying felting for a while now, but I was intimidated, and so, put it off. Well, I finally got off my duff and did a felted project! This is an improvised pattern, using some lovely wool that I was given as a birthday gift.


Now that this has emerged a relative success, I can move forward with my original plan to make a slightly more masculine-looking one of these for a family member who is presently deployed overseas. My thought was that felted wool would be fairly impervious to assault by moisture and hopefully, sand.

This cozy is 9 1/2 by 6 inches, and may soon be growing a wristlet-type handle. ;)

Would you use something like this for your e-reader or tablet PC? What would you expect to pay for this baby?

Three cheers for the magical properties of wool!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment